2007 - SMILODONTE

Smilodonte (Sabertooth), my first graphic novel, is about me. It's about my surreal life, a path traced by books and images that led me, through adolescence, to the discovery of the Magical World of the Word incarnated into the Sign. Tutelary deities of the book are Aleister Crowley, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Alan Moore, J.G. Ballard, William Burroughs and Clive Barker. My Spirit Guide along the Magical Path is the Sabertooth, the terrible prehistoric tiger with razor tooth. The graphic novel analyses all the themes that I've been focusing on during the past years of hard work, offering a series of interpretative keys to my graphical world done by symbols, skulls, bones, monsters, hearts and eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Il mio primo romanzo grafico parla di me. E' la mia vita surreale, un percorso tracciato da letture e immagini che mi hanno condotto dai primi anni di formazione attraverso l'adolescenza alla scoperta del Mondo Magico della Parola incarnata nel Segno. Numi tutelari del volume Aleister Crowley, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Alan Moore, J.G.Ballard, William Burroughs e Clive Barker a cui è dedicato. Spirito guida, lo Smilodonte, la terribile Tigre dai denti a sciabola preistorica. Il libro analizza anche tutte le tematiche che hanno contraddistinto questi anni di duro lavoro, e offre varie chiavi interpretative al mio mondo grafico fatto di simboli, teschi, ossa, mostri, cuori e occhi. Presentato a Lucca Comics & Games ai primi di Novembre 2007.

Nessun commento: